05 June 2015
DrinkWise Australia and its agency Clemenger BBDO have been awarded their third international accolade for the ground-breaking ‘How to Drink Properly’ campaign, winning silver at the prestigious Asian Marketing Effectiveness (AME) Awards on Thursday 4 June in Singapore.
The AME Awards are the Asia Pacific’s foremost awards honouring clients and their agencies for marketing strategies that deliver solid results to transform businesses and brands, and received more than 1000 entries from organisations across the region this year. ‘How to Drink Properly’ was recognised for outstanding multi-channel digital strategy in the hotly contested Digital Integrated Campaign category.
This recognition further acknowledges the campaign’s outstanding results, coming soon after a Silver award in the Youth Marketing category at the highly coveted APAC Effie Awards 2015 and Silver at the 2014 Spikes Asia Awards.
Research completed (with more than 1000 18-24 year old Australians) after the second phase of the campaign (March 2015) showed that:
- campaign awareness had significantly increased, with message comprehension strongly linked to moderation;
- the campaign continues to garner positive sentiment amongst its target audience;
- campaign engagement continues to grow and promote peer discussion around moderation;
- attitudinally, the campaign allows the target audience to see moderation as a worthwhile goal; and
- those who have seen the campaign continue to report drinking less on a night out.
Launched in February 2014, ‘How to Drink Properly’ aimed to make the ongoing trend of drinking to get drunk less socially acceptable among young drinkers, and to encourage those already drinking in safe and moderate ways to continue to do so. The campaign targets 18 to 24 year olds, challenging them to ‘stay classy’ by moderating the intensity and frequency of their drinking. The campaign provides advice and tips that highlight the difference between poor drinking practices and drinking properly – showing that there is a way to do it and a way not to do it. www.howtodrinkproperly.com