Most of us are conscious of how we look. What many people don’t realise is that drinking alcohol in excess can have a negative impact on our appearance and even lead to conditions that permanently change the way we look.
Here are the signs to look out for:
- Acne and psoriasis: skin conditions aggravated by depriving your skin of necessary vitamins and nutrients. If untreated, these can lead to facial scarring.
- Bloodshot eyes: happens when tiny blood vessels on the surface of the eye become dilated and inflamed.
- Facial redness, flushing and rosacea: alcohol can cause increased blushing and blotching which, if untreated, can eventually lead to facial scarring.
- Poor skin texture and winkles: caused by dehydration which can come from drinking too much alcohol.
- Weight gain: alcohol has calories, so each time you drink you’re taking in more calories. Alcohol also lowers your blood sugar, making you feel hungry and causing you to drink and eat more than usual.